Cycling Accident Compensation Claims
Cycling is an enjoyable, healthy and cost effective way to travel, with more and more people taking to the roads on their bikes, whether for pleasure, fitness, or simply to get to and from work. But the increasing number of both vehicles and cyclists on the UK roads is resulting in more cycling accidents and casualties each year.
The road can be a dangerous place for a cyclist, with inattentive drivers and poorly maintained roads presents all sorts of hazards. Should you or a loved one be injured in a cycling accident which wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make a cycling accident claim for compensation.
Our team of cycling accident compensation experts at Hudgell Solicitors have vast experience and expertise in supporting clients through the claims process. We are experts in handling claims involving all kinds of cycling injuries, so we can offer expert advice not only on cycle accident compensation, but also on rehabilitation, and provision of access to specialist medical care and support services.
There are all sorts of injuries that could happen on the road when you’re cycling, from physical to psychological damage from being involved in a cycling accident. There’s also damage to your bike and your belongings that can result from a cycling accident, which can be expensive to repair or replace.
Examples of cycling accident claims include:
- Cyclists being knocked off their bike by other road users
- Cyclists being hit by motorists who fail to see them
- Poorly maintained road or cycle lanes
- Diesel spillages or debris being left in the road
Specialists in Cycling Accident Claims
If you’ve been injured in a cycling accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to claim compensation. Our specialist team of cycle accident solicitors will investigate the circumstances of your cycling accident fully and identify who was legally responsible for what happened to you, or your loved one, so you can be assured we will give you straightforward and honest advice so you know all of your options from the start. Our dedicated team have helped thousands of cyclists get the cycle accident compensation they deserve to get their lives moving again.
- Our experienced cycle accident lawyers will make a claim on your behalf, and are focused on rehabilitation and making sure that you make the best possible recovery.
- We will collect information on your financial losses, from the cost of treatments to travel costs, loss of earnings or anything else that has left you out of pocket, making finances one less thing to worry about.
- We pride ourselves on cutting through the legal jargon to give you regular updates in plain English, taking the worry and hassle out of making a claim.
How to Make a Cycling Accident Claim
Step 1: Assessing your bike accident claim and gathering information
The cycling accident claim process starts with our expert cycle accident solicitors working closely with you to carefully assess the circumstances and details of your accident. They will establish who the liability lies with, and contact any witnesses or obtain police reports, if necessary, to help support your claim and build up a case.
Step 2: Assessing your medical, rehabilitation, or ongoing support needs
Ensuring you get the treatment and support you need after your cycling accident is one of the most important parts of the process. We will organise medical assessments with independent experts who can assess your injuries and determine the best care and treatment. We also liaise with the insurer of the responsible party to make sure that any ongoing medical support or rehabilitation is provided as soon as possible.
Part of this is getting the compensation you deserve to ensure medical costs are fully covered, but it’s also about getting you the ongoing support you need to get your life back on track.
Step 3: Working out cycle accident compensation
After all the details and circumstances of your cycling accident have been established, we will work to consider the level of compensation we will seek on your behalf. This will cover everything including medical costs, ongoing rehabilitation, damage to your bike, and loss of earnings, with the aim of getting you the money you deserve to give you financial stability now and going forward.
We put this figure to the opposing party, who will then either agree to the financial settlement or come back with an offer of their own. If an agreement can’t be reached, then the case may be taken to court for a judge to decide on what cycle accident compensation should be awarded. No matter what happens with this process, we’re with you every step of the way, working on your behalf to get what you deserve.
Step 4: Concluding the cycling accident claim
The last stage of the process is getting the compensation sum if your case has been successful. While we always want this outcome, remember that if you don’t win you won’t have to pay a penny as we handle claims on a no win no fee basis.
Our Cycling Accident Experts
"Client’s ‘absolutely horrible’ cycling accident highlights issue of debris left in road by farmers"Read Full Story
"£17,500 damages for former radio producer and presenter who suffered broken collarbone when knocked off his bike on his way to work"Read Full Story
"London cyclist awarded £15,000 damages for injuries suffered as car driver forced him off road when overtaking"Read Full Story
- If your cycling accident took place within the last three years, and was caused by a negligent driver or some other factor that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make a claim.
- Once you get in touch with our team of cycle accident lawyers, they will be able to assess your case and see if it would be possible to make a claim.
- You can also make a bike accident claim on behalf of a loved one if they’ve been injured in a cycling accident.
- There are no standard amounts for compensation pay-outs, and it’s all down to the specific circumstances of your cycling accident claim.
- The amount that could be awarded depends on many different factors, from the nature of your injuries to the financial costs of medical care and loss of income.
- A successful compensation claim will take into account any pain and suffering as a result of your cycling accident, but can also help cover the cost of any treatment, physiotherapy and rehabilitation support you may need to get you back to good health.
- Our expert cycle accident solicitors will go over every detail of your case to ensure the amount asked for provides fair compensation.
- As well as your injuries, other factors that will be taken into account include:
- Current and ongoing medical care
- The cost of adapting your home as a result of long-lasting injury
- Damage or replacement of your bicycle or other personal belongings
- Lost income because of absence from work or unemployment because of your injuries
- Our specialist team of cycling accident solicitors will investigate the circumstances of your cycling accident fully and identify who was legally responsible for what happened to you, or your loved one.
- Once an admission of fault has been secured, we will be in a position to pursue compensation for your injuries, suffering and loss.
- We are committed to ‘seeing the person, not just the claim’, so you can be assured that we will give you straightforward and honest advice, so that you know all of your options from the very start.
- You can call our team for free advice today, or use our contact form to request a call back and one of our cycling accident solicitors will be in touch.
- All cycling accident cases taken on by Hudgell Solicitors are handled on a no win no fee basis. This means that you will not have to pay any money up front and there will be no financial risk if your case is unsuccessful.
- If your case is successful, you will only be expected to pay a contribution to your solicitor’s fees once the case has been resolved. The costs paid are usually a percentage of the compensation awarded and will be agreed before your case is carried out.
- There’s absolutely no risk involved in inquiring about your position, or your cycling accident claim, so it pays to speak with an expert.