IT Support (2nd Line)
Are you looking to move from 1st to 2nd line IT support, or have you been in 2nd line for a while and are now looking to broaden your experience?
Come and join Hudgell Solicitors; we are currently seeking an IT Support 2nd Line to join our hard-working team. In this role you will be responsible for the smooth running of a responsive and proactive IT Service Desk with ITIL standards. You will support and maintain the Microsoft server and desktop operating systems and Microsoft 365 environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. We are considering candidates from Hull and Manchester but the role will require occasional travel to the other site.
We are an award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in claims involving personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, civil liberties, criminal injuries, and international travel.
We have offices in Hull and Manchester.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work unsupervised to a high standard and take a proactive approach to your work, whilst recognising when to escalate an issue internally to colleagues or to our external IT support provider. Proven experience of working in a busy IT support environment is important with experience of managing third parties to deliver technology solutions on time. Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, and Microsoft Office applications along with peripherals and experience with supporting and configuring server solutions including Windows Server and virtualisation is essential. You will need a good understanding of Hyper-V, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy with existing experience in Microsoft 365 – Exchange Online, Active Directory. Having worked within a busy and demanding environment, you will be capable of managing a multi-site organisation. Excellent organisational and project management skills are key for this position.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has working knowledge of ITIL disciplines to Foundation qualification and experience working in a law firm environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Manage the logging of all IT issues on the central service desk system
- Assist in the resolution of issues
- Where required, escalation of issues to the appropriate member internal or external contacts
- Analysis of service desk issues, identifying themes and training requirements
- Performing visual checks of servers and networking equipment each morning
- Managing the IT service desk, ensuring that all user issues are logged and dealt with in an appropriate manner, providing a service focused on excellence
- Managing the IT infrastructure and seeing issues through to resolution, involving and managing third party suppliers where necessary
- Managing Server Maintenance, windows updates, and installation/upgrade of software
- Resolving all IT issues including server and network-based issues that have a major impact on the firm
- Establish a good level of familiarity with systems and applications used within the firm
- Establish good relations with staff and help maintain the good reputation of the IT service team
- Identifying recurring issues and putting in place solutions that prevent further reoccurrence
- Ensure the firm’s backups and disaster recovery systems are functioning correctly and can be used to recover the IT systems in accordance with Recovery Point and Recovery Time objectives
- Implement solutions and ideas that improve our ability to provide great service
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers with regards to hardware and software fixes
- Assisting the IT Operations Manager with project work
- Keeping records of all hardware and software on site
- Identifying training needs and providing end user training where required
- Any other duties commensurate with this post.